Dr Arnold Yuan is currently an associate professor of the Department of Civil Engineering, Ryerson University. Dr Yuan’s research focuses mainly on engineering reliability, system safety, life-cycle infrastructure management, risk-informed decision making, inspection and maintenance optimization, and project risk management. His research interests also extend to structural health monitoring, structural dynamics and earthquake engineering.
Dr Yuan’s contact info:
Department of Civil Engineering
350 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON Canada M5B 2K3
Tel: (+1-416) 979-5000 extension 6463
E-Mail: arnold dot yuan at ryerson dot ca
Office: MON 305 (SE corner of Church and Gerrard)
- Inaugural Director, Ryerson Institute for Infrastructure Innovation, July 2014 – Present.
- Associate professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Ryerson University, May 2013 — Present.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Ryerson University, August 2008 — April 2013.
- Analyst, AMEC NSS, Toronto, ON, February 2008 — July 2008.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Institute for Risk Research and Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, March 2007–January 2008.
- Lecturer, College of Civil Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha, Hunan, China, July 2000–August 2002.
- PhD (Civil Engineering), University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada. June 2007. Thesis topic: stochastic deterioration modeling for risk-informed life-cycle management of infrastructural systems
- MASc (Structural Engineering), BASc (Building Structure & Construction), Hunan University, Changsha, China. June 1997 and 2000, respectively.
Dr Yuan is married with two daughters.
Life is uncertain and dynamic; let’s explore it!
Uncertainty is the very guide for research.